These tutorials are contributed by the community. Unless otherwise indicated, tutorials are hosted on this site. External and video based tutorials are denoted with the appropriate icons.
New submissions and edits are welcome!
- This is an introductory video to NextAuth.js for beginners. In this video, it is explained how to set up authentication in a few easy steps and add different configurations to make it more robust and secure.
- Next.js supports multiple patterns for authentication, each designed for different use cases. This guide will allow you to choose your adventure based on your constraints. By Lee Robinson.
- This tutorial walks one through adding NextAuth.js to an existing project. Including setting up the OAuth client id and secret, adding the API routes for authentication, protecting pages and API routes behind that authentication, etc.
- How to restrict access to pages and API routes.
- How to use
useSession()hook with class components.
- A tutorial by Arunoda Susirpiala. Checkout GetStarted for more examples.
- Learn how to add Twitter authentication and login to a Next.js app both clientside and serverside with NextAuth.js.
- This tutorial dives into the ins and outs of NextAuth, including using the Email, Github, Twitter and Auth0 providers in under an hour.
- This tutorial shows you how to jump in and create your own custom login pages versus using the ones provided by NextAuth.js
- A video tutorial by Xiaoru Li from Prisma.
- In this post, you'll learn how to add passwordless authentication to your Next.js app using Prisma and next-auth. By the end of this tutorial, your users will be able to log in to your app with either their GitHub account or a Slack-styled magic link sent right to their Email inbox. By Xiaoru Li.
- This example shows how to implement a full-stack app in TypeScript with Next.js using Prisma Client as a backend. It also demonstrates how to implement authentication using NextAuth.js. By Nikolas Burk at Prisma.
- How to write tests using Cypress.
- How to implement refresh token rotation.
- How to use the Credentials Provider to authenticate against an LDAP database. This approach can be used to authenticate existing user accounts against any backend.
- A tutorial by Arunoda Susirpiala.
- Configuring authentication with Azure B2C in Next.js is not a particularly straight forward process. We'll look at how to facilitate this using the NextAuth.js library. By Ben Fox.
- This tutorial walks step by step on how to get sign in with Apple working (both locally and on a deployed website) using NextAuth.js.
- Learn how to use Magic.Link authentication with NextAuth.js to enable passwordless authentication without a database.
- How to use models with custom properties using the TypeORM adapter.
- How to create a custom adapter, to use any database to fetch and store user / account data.